Wednesday, May 18, 2011

[FunOnTheNet] Pakistani Model: Mehwish Hayat

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mehwish Hayat
THE RAVISHING BEAUTY

The expansion of media in Pakistan besides providing an easy entrance to many novices has also created a cut-throat competitive environment. It's now all about the survival of the fittest. The industry welcomes every new entrant but gracefully embraces only those who don the crown of extraordinary performing skills. The gorgeous artiste Mehwish Hayat comes as a fresh breath of air in the industry. The vivacious lady purely reflects an epitome of Asian beauty. Recently, Eastern Eye magazine placed her on number eight among the top sexiest Asian ladies. Her work speaks for itself, be it modelling or acting. She has also been an active participant of an international anti-terrorism campaign. Recently MAG caught up with Mehwish for its New Year shoot and to discover what's more to her persona. Excerpts:WJ: How and when did your showbiz journey begin? What motivated you to venture into the industry?
MH: My mother was an actress; I grew up seeing her act. Other than that I always loved watching television, it fascinated me a lot. I used to analyse TV characters and often considered myself in their place. I did a few commercials in my childhood and during my vacations I preferred to participate in media activities rather than wasting time at home. I was 14 when my aunt Sakina Samoon cast me in her serial Wajood-e-Laraib. The serial was the breakthrough I needed and after its success there was no looking back for me.
 
 
 

Is there anything you've had to compromise along the way?
Not really! I hate to make compromises. I believe in living life on my terms. I love to do things I want and the only thing I listen to is my heart.

How would you describe Mehwish Hayat – as an individual and a celebrity?

Mehwish Hayat as a person is very down-to-earth. Her head is very much on her shoulders. Even as a celebrity I believe that a person should be humble, nice to his/her fans, admirers and the people who matter the most. I hate those celebrities who throw tantrums.

Tell us something that nobody else knows about Mehwish Hayat?
Truly speaking I have not discovered myself as yet. The process of discovery has just begun and I hope there is a lot for me to find out about myself. As far as my acting career is concerned, I plan to
do theatre.

What were your dreams as a child?
I consider myself very lucky to actually make my childhood dreams a reality. I always wanted to be an actress. As a child I was very mature for my age and that really helped me in shaping my career.

How different do you find modelling from acting?
Both are interconnected but acting I guess takes a lead in any case. Even when we are modelling we are actually acting through our expressions. But I have to admit here that theatre is more demanding than both these fields.

You seem to be very choosy about the roles offered to you. Do you consult anybody before signing on a venture?
Yes! I am very choosy about my work. I don't accept every project offered to me. I discuss it with my mother. She is more experienced and understands the nature of my work. I believe that no one else other than her can give me the right guidance and I trust her blindly.

You have been ranked the 8th sexiest Asian woman by Eastern Eye. How did it happen? What was the feeling when you got to know about it?
There is a long story behind it. I am an ambassador of an anti-terrorism campaign, Yeh Hum Nahin, which promotes tolerance, communication and harmony. Being a youth representative of the campaign I got a chance to work in their several national and international projects. All this helped me in earning an international fame. When Eastern Eye started the online poll for Asia's sexiest women, people voted for me. It has been an honour that a Pakistani actress sustained the 9th rank for two years. This year I have been ranked 8th in the poll.

Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
I believe that inspiration can come from anywhere. An ant is a small insect but I have learnt a lesson of life from it. An ant never accepts failure and keeps trying until it achieves whatever it's struggling for. I also follow this simple rule in my life. I strongly believe that every single person in this world is struggling and working hard to achieve something in his/her life.

When you see yourself on screen, do you cringe or do you analyse it to pieces?
At the beginning of my career I used to feel a little shy after watching myself on screen but even then I used to analyse myself very critically. My analysis is not limited to my appearance and make-up. I am more interested in the character I am playing. I try to figure out whether I have been able to do justice to the character and how I can improve my performance.

Who is your worst critic?
Myself. I criticise my work thoroughly and it has helped me in honing my acting skills.

Will we ever see you in an international film venture?
Yes! Very soon you will get a chance to see me in an international film.

How do you unwind after a day's hard work and what's the mantra that keeps you going?
I have a very simple mantra to unwind. I lock myself in a room and listen to some simple music. It is energising and makes me feel fresh.

What else would you be if you weren't a fashion model/actress?
I haven't thought of anything else other than acting. I always wanted to be an actress.

What's your own definition of happiness?
Happiness for me is in being where I am and what I am.

What are your views on love and marriage?
Marriage is something that will happen one day whereas love can happen anytime. For me both are beautiful and demanding relationships.

What are your hopes for 2011?
I expect it to be another marvellous year for me. I will work harder. One thing I am sure about is that I will make no compromises on my work and personal life.

You have a phenomenal 2011 ahead of you and life seems too good to be true. But do you have any resolutions this New Year's eve?
My New Year's resolution is geo aur jeene do.

Your birthday falls on 6th January. How do you celebrate it?
My birthday is very important to me. I always celebrate it with my family. This year I have plans to throw a great party on my birthday.

Would you like to give any message to your fans?
I just want to thank them for expressing their love and affection. Their praise and appreciation boost me up and motivate me to work even harder. I would like to especially thank my family who always stand by my side. My success wouldn't be possible without their support.

 
 
 
 
 

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To  subscribe to  this group send an email to
     funonthenet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  You  will  receive a return mail asking for
  confirmation. Just click on reply and send.




http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funonthenet/join
__________________________________________________________________________

In digest option all images and attachments are deleted. Individual mail
option is recommended. Choose "traditional" format to receive pictures
and wallpapers without getting distorted by ads.______________________________________________________________________
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/funonthenet
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/funonthenet
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/funonthenet
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/funonthenet
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/funonthenet
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/funonthenet
________________________________________________________________________
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funonthenet/join
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funonthenet/join
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funonthenet/join
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funonthenet/join
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funonthenet/join
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funonthenet/join
.

__,_._,___